Skip to content
Gardening Tips for Spring
- Be sure to plan all activities before you start – have your equipment within easy reach
- Rotate frequently between 2 or 3 different tasks whilst gardening. This helps to reduce the risk of repetitive strain injury.
- Prepare your body as if you were warming up to exercise. Start off slowly and give your body time to ease into the task.
- Use both sides of your body. For example, alternate between your left and right sides when using a shovel.
- If it looks too heavy, it probably is! Get someone to help you move heavy / awkward items. If you can’t tilt it easily you shouldn’t lift it.
- When you lift, keep your back straight, bend your hips and knees, and tighten your tummy.
- Be aware not to get too fatigued. Plan regular rest breaks and stay well hydrated.
- Have a chiropractic check up before you start your attack on the garden.